Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Design consists of one pipe placed inside another pipe of a larger diameter with appropriate fittings to guide the flow from section to another. The fluid flows in the inner pipe is the tube side and in exchange another fluid flows in the outer pipe (annulus). Double Pipe Heat Exchangers are also known as Hairpin Heat Exchangers. They are commonly used in industry.
This product is designed to do thermal calculations and design for this type of heat exchangers.
Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Design (DHex) Software Features
- Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement.
· Ability to import properties to Hot/Cold sides from Microsoft Excel.
- Calculate unknown Cold or Hot side temperatures.
- Perform thermal analysis for bare tube double pipe (hairpin) heat exchangers.
- Perform thermal analysis for finned tube double pipe (hairpin) heat exchangers.
- Counter Current or Co-Current Flow arrangement
- Series arrangement or Series-Parallel arrangement.
- The software will also tell you the location of Hot/Cold fluids within the heat exchanger (Inner Pipe or Outer Pipe).
- Different correlations to calculate Cold/Hot side heat transfer coefficient can also be selected or enter a known Nusselt number if you do have a different correlation.
- Calculate the Area, Flow area, Length, Log Mean Temperature Difference, Number of Hairpins, Unknown Flow rate, the scale resistance (dirt factor), Equivalent Diameter, Pipe/Annulus side Reynolds, Nusselt numbers & Prandtl Numbers, Duty Calculation, Clean and Design Overall heat transfer coefficient calculations
- Pipe/Annulus velocities and Mass velocity calculations
- Number of Transfer Units and Thermal Capacity ratio calculation.
- Clean and Fouled Fin Efficiency calculations for finned tube heat exchanger.
- Pressure drop calculations & Entrance and Exit losses.
- Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as a standalone interface but easily integrated with the software.
- Estimate mixture properties. (ALL ESTIMATION METHODS CURRENTLY SUPPORT LIQUIDS ONLY)
- User database functions to allow user to add/delete components and load to hot/cold side (Empty database!).
- Fouling factors
- Export Results summary to Microsoft Excel Save/Load results. Generate/Print a summary of results
- Export Results summary to Engineering Datasheet in Microsoft Excel
Double Pipe Heat Exchanger Design
Screen Shots Links
Latest Demonstration Video