Gasketed Plate Heat Exchanger type also known as Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger was introduced in 1930’s; mainly for the food industries. The range for possible applications has widened over the years, and nowadays this type is used for many other applications.
A typical Gasketed Plate Heat Exchanger consists of fixed plates, compression plate, pressing equipment and connecting ports as well as series of plates with parts for fluid entry and exits. The plates can be stacked up to several hundreds in a frame and are held together by the bolts that hold the stack in compression.
A Gaskted Plate Heat Exchanger is easy to clean and has low foot print.
Gasketed Plate Heat Exchanger Software Features (PHex)
- Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement
- Unit converter containing 23 measurements with 200-unit conversion.
- Full version includes manufacturers plate database containing over 230 plates.
- Import physical properties data to hot side and cold side from Microsoft Excel & from WeBBusterZ Physical properties database included.
- Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as separate software but easily integrated with the software.
- Create your own database of Plates and Components. You can add your fluid physical properties and load the data to your project.
- Export Results to Engineering Data sheet format (Microsoft Excel or pdf)
- Export Results summary to Microsoft excel or Print Results summary.
- Temperature and Flow rate estimation in the event of insufficient data.
- Heat load required (clean or fouled) calculations.
- Total effective area calculation.
- Surface area calculation.
- Number of plates calculations.
- Overall Coefficient (clean / dirty) calculations
- Pressure drop Channel/Port/Total for Hot side and cold side Calculations.
- Plate heat exchanger dimension calculations.
- Velocity through ports, Mass velocity through channel/ports calculations.
- Reynolds and Nusselt numbers calculations.
- Select from a list of 12 Nusselt number correlations.
- Add your own Nusselt number correlation in two different formats through correlations database and use them during software calculations.
- Heat transfer coefficient calculations
- Ability to define a heat load
- Calculate two unknown temperatures
- Fouling factors
- Overall heat transfer coefficients
- Material Thermal Conductivities.
- There is also the option to specify a Heat Load as well as the ability to calculate any unknown two temperatures, to calculate two unknown temperatures the heat load and the flow rates must be specified.
- Create multiple cases and preview all in one results grid, which can also be exported to be viewed on Microsoft Excel or other office packages
- Plot temperature profile for counter current and co-current flows. This will aid in identifying any temperature cross.
Demo Version – limited to preset example
To check the latest update history of this software please click here