Condenser Heat Exchanger is very common in process industry, condensers may be classified in two main types; Condensers which have a coolant and a condensing vapor brought into direct contact and other types which have the coolant and a condensate stream separated by a tube wall or a solid surface.
This Software deals with the type where the streams are separated when condensation occurs inside or outside the tubes.
Condenser Heat Exchanger Software Features (CnD)
- Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement, Units converter containing 23 measurements and 200 units conversions
- Import physical properties data to hot side and cold side from Microsoft Excel & from WeBBusterZ Physical properties database included.
- Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as separate software but easily integrated with the software.
- Ability to add your own properties in the additional user databases.
- Tube counts and standard tube sizes tables
- Fouling factors
- Overall heat transfer coefficients
- Materials Thermal Conductivity.
- Maximum Allowable design velocities inside tubes for liquids
- Ability to add your own components to use for simulations.
- Save/Load results
- Generate an engineering datasheet (can be exported to .pdf file format), Export Results to Engineering Data sheet in Microsoft Excel for editing
- Export Results summary to Microsoft Word or Print Results summary.
- Supports Horizontal shell side/Horizontal tube side/Vertical shell side/Vertical tube side and Reflux condensers design.
- Supports Full condensation and Partial condensation (Subject to condensation model selection please see the table provided below for full information).
- Support Sub cooling, super heated vapor, Zone analysis, Shear Controlled and Gravity Controlled condensation
- Basis and assumptions that the software makes during the calculations are stated on a visible panel.
- Support single phase vapour condensation on hot side and liquid coolant on cold side, bare tubes only
- TEMA designations.
- Unknown Cold side temperature, Unknown Hot or cold side flow rate can also be calculated.
- Triangular and square pitch tube orientation
- Detailed calculation than displays many calculated variables such as: Duty, Area, Number of tubes, Shell/Tube velocities, flooding velocity and operating velocity for reflux condenser, Reynolds numbers, Condensation heat transfer coefficient, Condensation flow regime, Number of Baffles and Baffle spacing, Scale resistance (dirt factor), Overall heat transfer coefficient for both Clean and Fouled conditions, Pressure drops…etc. and many more
- Ability to track calculation changes from trial to another.
|Feature||Horizontal Shell Side Condenser||Horizontal Tube Side Condenser||Vertical Shell Side Condenser||Vertical Tube Side Condenser||Reflux Condenser|
|Sub cooling||Yes, with Full condensation only||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Super heated vapor||Yes, with Full condensation only||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Shear Controlled Condensation||Yes||No||No||Yes||No|
|Gravity Controlled Condensation||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Zone Analysis||Yes, with Partial condensation only||No||No||Yes, with Partial condensation only||No|
|TEMA Shell Supported||E,J,X||E||E||E||E|
|TEMA Front Head Supported||A,B,C,D,N||A,B,C,D,N||A,B,C,D,N||A,B,C,D,N||A,B,C,D,N|
|TEMA Rear Head Supported||S,U,L,M,N,P,T,W||S,U,L,M,N,P,T,W||S,L,M,N,P,T,W||S,L,M,N,P,T,W||S,L,M,N,P,T,W|
Click here to download the demo version
Please also note that the demo version of this software will only operate with set examples which are restricted in our demo version. The full version of this product does not have any restrictions.
We don’t offer a fully working demo version.
To check the latest update history of this software please click here
Screen Shots Links
Latest Demonstration Video
00:00:00 Main screen menus and buttons
00:01:01 Units converter
00:01:32 Tube Counts
00:02:08 Fouling Factors
00:02:29 User Data input screens
00:04:02 Overall heat transfer coefficients & BWG
00:06:03 Example 1 – SI Units
00:12:11 Example 2 – US Units
00:17:31 Importing physical properties