Air Cooled Heat Exchanger sizing requires tedious work and is time consuming due to many trial and error calculations to balance air and liquid heat transfer properties and temperature requirements. Air cooled heat exchanger design software (ACHex) has been built to perform all require thermal design calculations for this type of heat exchangers.
Air Cooled Heat Exchanger Software Features (ACHex)
This software supports liquid and gas services only, the software doesn’t support condensation.
1. Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement
2. The choice between induced draft and forced draft units.
3. The required number of Bays / Fans / Tubes / Tube rows / Tube bundles can be calculated.
4. Outlet Air Temperature using iteration or incrementing techniques can be calculated.
5. Run unlimited number of trials all will be displayed in results.
6. Heat Duty or specify the Heat duty to calculate the hot side mass flow rate can be calculated.
7. Log Mean Temperature Difference (corrected and uncorrected), Surface Area for Bare Tubes and Fin Tubes, Air Mass Flow Rate, Bundle Face Area, Total Bundle Face Width, Bundle Width.
8.The ability to keep the Tube Length constant for all trials or calculate it for each trial.
9.Fin Efficiency,Overall Heat Transfer Coefficient (Clean/Design/Required),Maximum Air Side Velocity, Air Side Reynolds’ Number, Air Heat Transfer Coefficient,Air Side Pressure Drop, Fan Diameter and Total Fans Projected Area Per Bay,Fan Driver Power requirements can also be calculated.
10. The software will also estimate the Over Design and Over Surface percentage
11. Tube Side Flow Area, Tube Side Velocity, Tube Side Reynolds’ Number, Tube Side Flow Regime and Tube Side Nusselt Number, Tube Side Heat Transfer Coefficient can also be calculated.
12. Air side heat transfer coefficient, you can select between correlations. Briggs and Young, Kern, Ganguli or ESDU alternatively the software can also accept Nusselt number input if you have calculated it from other correlations.
The software will also accept Nusselt number input on the tube side as well as heat transfer coefficient input on both sides. These features are only to allow flexibility.
13. Calculate the Tube side Pressure Drop, the software uses two different equations and allows you to select between them or opt in to select the highest computed pressure drop.
14. Convert Pressure to altitude and vice versa.
15. Import physical properties data to hot side and cold side from Microsoft Excel & from WeBBusterZ Physical properties database (separate software included!)
16. Create your own database of fluids/Components, Tubes and Fins. You can add your fluid physical properties, Tube and Fin dimensions and load the data to your project or store them for using on another project.
17. Save/Load results
18. The software produces a three pages summary report of all the results and adds a basic drawing representation of the design the summary can be edited/saved or copied to your own report.
19. The software generates tabulated case trials in two different formats that can also be exported to “.csv” format and opened in Microsoft excel or Open Office.
Below is a list of included Databases:
20. Dry Air properties at atmospheric pressure. Simply input the temperature that you want to estimate the properties at and the software will calculate the Density, Viscosity, Specific heat capacity, thermal conductivity, specific enthalpy, Ratio of specific heats and Prandtl number.
21. Air Density at different set temperature and pressure. Simply enter the temperature and pressure and estimate the density of Air.
22. Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as separate software but easily integrated with the software.
23. Fouling factors.
24. Overall heat transfer coefficients for liquid and gas services
25. Material Thermal Conductivities.
26. Units converter with 23 measurements units and 200 conversions.
The demo version will work for 90 days with two examples
To check the latest update history of this software please click here