Kettle Reboiler Heat Exchanger type exchangers are essentially a pool boiling devices. Their designed is based on data for nucleate boiling. In the tube bundle the vapor rises from the lower rows of the tube passes over the upper rows.
This software product will do thermal design calculations and sizing for this type of heat exchangers.
Kettle Reboiler Heat Exchanger Software Features (KRD)
- Different units of measurement, SI units and English (US) units, a unit converter that includes 23 measurements units with 200-unit conversion is also included with this product.
- Duty, Area, Tube length, Number of Tubes, Shell Diameter by iteration, Weir height can be calculated.
- Nucleate pool boiling heat transfer coefficient using four different correlations can also be calculated, heat transfer coefficient can also be entered.
- Calculation of tube side heat transfer coefficient using two different correlations, heat transfer coefficient can also be entered.
- Velocities on the tube and shell side and Maximum allowable vapour velocity on the shell side can be calculated.
- Calculation of the Maximum critical flux using three different correlations
- Calculation of Shell side Heat Flux and Number of Vapour nozzles
- Calculation of Prandtl number on shell and tube sides and Reynolds number for the tube side
- Calculation of Required/Clean/Fouled Overall Heat transfer coefficients and Tube side pressure drop
- Over surface and Over design calculations
- The ability to calculate unknown mass flow rate
- Calculate the scale resistance (dirt factor)
- Ability to import properties to Shell/Tube sides form Microsoft Excel
- Compare unlimited different cases in one window
- Save/Load results, set default units.
- Design advisory notes
- Generate/Print Results summary and export it to Ms Word and paste it to whichever suitable
- Estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 components; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as a standalone interface but easily integrated with the software.
- Estimate mixture properties. (ALL ESTIMATION METHODS CURRENTLY SUPPORT LIQUIDS ONLY)
- Ability to add your own properties in the additional user databases.
- Fouling factors, Overall heat transfer coefficients and film heat transfer coefficients included.
Click here to download the demo version of the product.
Please note that the demo version of this software will only operate with set examples which are restricted in our demo version. The full version of this product does not have any restrictions.
We don’t offer a fully working demo version.
To check the latest update history of this software please click here