Helical coil heat exchanger software (HCHex) demonstrates the thermal design and sizing calculations for helical coil heat exchanges. The Software will perform a series of calculations to produce the final outcome, this includes but not limited to the exchanger area, length, number of spiral windings for tube along with any missing flow rates temperatures…etc. The software will also calculate the heat transfer coefficients. HCHex will generate a summary of all results.
Below are some features for this software along with any limitations.
- Support S.I Units and English (U.S) Units of measurement.
- Units converter includes 23 measurements units with 200-unit conversion
- Nusselt number estimation
Helical coil heat exchanger design software includes Nusselt number correlations and will also allow you to use your own correlations in three formats.
- The software will also allow you to enter your own Nusselt number or enter a heat transfer coefficient if needed.
- Area and heat load (heat duty) calculations
- The software will also accept heat load as input and calculate the other needed variables.
- Vessel dimensions and length
- Number of spiral turns for the helical tube and its length.
- Add your own Nusselt correlation
- Save/Load results
- Ability to calculate unknown Cold or Hot side temperatures. Unknown exit temperatures on both sides or any two temperatures on both sides
- Unknown Flow rate on either hot or cold side
- Pressure Drops for both shell and tube sides (frictional, inlet, outlet and total)
- Overall heat transfer coefficients, heat transfer coefficients for shell and tube sides.
- Plot temperature profile for counter current flow and co-current flow. detect temperature cross.
- Export Results summary to Microsoft Excel Engineering Datasheet format. Save/Load results. Generate/Print a summary of results
- Display multiple cases in results grid
- Export Results summary to .rtf file format that can be opened in Microsoft Word
- Physical properties estimation software that allows you to estimate the Physical properties of pure components for more than 1450 fluids; the database has the ability to estimate Thermal Conductivity, Density, Heat Capacity and Viscosity. The database also included critical properties, boiling and melting points and come as a standalone interface but easily integrated with the software.
- Estimate mixture properties. (ALL ESTIMATION METHODS CURRENTLY SUPPORT LIQUIDS ONLY)
- User database functions to allow user to add/delete fluids, Tube geometric sizes and heat transfer coefficients and load to hot/cold side (Empty database!).
- Fouling factors
- Add your own Nusselt number correlations, three formats are available.
Other Option for physical properties (Sold Separately), is the PhysPro Fluid properties, this software can also be integrated with the product for physical properties.
Helical coil heat exchanger software currently support Single phase fluid operations and Single tube units, multi tubes units and phase change operations are not supported.
Click here to download the demo version of the product.
Please note that the demo version of this software will only operate with set examples which are restricted in our demo version. The full version of this product does not have any restrictions.
We don’t offer a fully working demo version.
Screen Shots links
Latest Demonstration Video
Helical coil heat exchanger software example
00:02:43 Temperature Profile
00:06:56 Adding multiple cases demonstration
Helical Coil Heat Exchanger Interface and Features
00:02:11 Some features
00:02:28 Units converter
00:02:50 Units of measurements
00:03:13 Thermal conductivities of materials
00:03:35 Set default units of measurements
00:03:55 Adding a user defined Nusselt number correlation